Now and then a friend will ask, ‘How did you know he was the right guy” and “How long did you date” all those kinds of good questions. Everyone wants to know those kinds of things, but, especially if they are also thinking about getting married.
These are totally normal questions people ask themselves. How do you know when you have met the right person and are ready to get married?
Here are a few things you may want to ask yourself before you get married:
1. Do you have similar interests?
2. Are your life long goals in tune, do you want the same things?
3. Make sure to look at their character, are they a good person, someone that you will be there for through everything and they will do the same for you?
4. Do you cherish each other’s company? Does he make you laugh?
5. Is he supportive of your goals, interests and hobbies and want the best for you?
6. Could you live without the other person?
If you said yes, to all these things he is probably the man for you. Hopefully he feels the same.
When you do get engaged there is a lot of planning to do. Make sure to give yourself at least a year before you set your wedding date. This way you won’t feel as rushed and you won’t put stress on your relationship. This is a big change and you want to take it slow.
Get his opinion on the wedding planning. When you are shopping for wedding invitations have him sit with you as you search for the perfect personalized wedding stationery. You may be surprised by the great wedding ideas he has and learn something new. Maybe he prefers a more traditional embossed or monogrammed wedding invitation.
It is important that the wedding is about both of you. It is both your days to cherish and remember for a lifetime.
Shop all Wedding Invitations